View Single Post
Old 23 May 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1919343)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I was originally driving down last year, but decided later to fly and hire a car as we have done for a number of years now. I transferred my unwanted ferry crossing to him to get him on his way. Another Tenths member sorted him out with a camping pass. They were somewhat delayed, and arrived in the middle of the storm on the Wednesday evening. Pitching camp in those conditions was perhaps the ultimate Le Mans initiation!
Sorry about that pressed the wrong button.

Anyway I met Greg at the ferry port on wednesday morning last year, he had asked for assistance as he was travelling alone. I had a couple of PM's from him and he joined my little group travelling over to France, I am not sure he was South African but he was a real Le Mans enthusiast and although it was his first time he was really looking foward to the race. He was not in our campsite and had arranged to met with some TVR lads on the way down on wednesday so the last I saw of him was about 40 miles from the ferry port. I had arrange to meet him at the ten tenths met on saturday but I failed to make it.