View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3925426)   #33
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Huge congrats to Mike Hedlund for putting on another mega-driving clinic at WGI this weekend. After a perfect drive in race 1 on Saturday, Sunday's race would prove to be even better. After taking over from Dane in race 2, Mike entered the race in P1, and for more than 10 minutes was able to keep in front of the fast approaching cars of Serra, Parente, Long and Baptista, these last 4 all running in PRO-PRO of course while the RealTime Acura is PRO-AM! RealTime's faith in you has certainly paid off big time Mike, and I can't wait to see you at Road America later this month! KEEP CLIMBING!
Thanks man, that's very kind of you to say!! We definitely had a good weekend and the track suits the Acura NSX GT3 pretty well I think. Wish I had a little more pace so I could have kept the Ferrari at bay for the whole stint but we really wanted the class win so I was a bit conservative. Once the Ferrari got by after I made a tiny mistake in T7, I didn't want to screw up the Pro race so I made it easy for the other guys to get around me to continue their fight.

The crew killed the pit stops in both races and was only .056sec off the minimum pit stop delta in race #2 which put us out front! They were amazing.

I believe those were wins #98 and #99 for RealTime as a team... 4 more races to go this season!

-mike