View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2002, 19:54 (Ref:456356)   #21
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still say it's all BS from Max. He's a nice guy in person, but he's arrogant if he thinks he's a well known name. He's a well known name among the people that were going to attend the race anyways. And it may hurt him to hear it, but Max Papis is just another car on the grid.

He is completely a completely unknown name outside of racing circles. And like I said, one race win by Ryan Hunter-Reay would make him more well known than Max ever was.

The sad fact is, the only known names in open-wheel racing in North America are: in Canada, Paul Tracy and Jacques (Gilles in some places) Villeneuve, in the US Andretti and maybe Vasser and Villeneuve, and in Mexico Fernandez. The rest are all a bunch of nobodies the moment they leave the paddock, and are as interchangable as the left-rear tire changers.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes