View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2002, 03:58 (Ref:456558)   #22
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max is the man but he did cost Brack a serious shot at the championship. That wreck at Mid-Ohio was disgusting. I am a big Rahal fan since he's like our hometown hero as far as racing goes having his headquarters just outside of Columbus and for him to have those two slamming into each other sucked. Brack is a great driver and should do well with Rahal back in the IRL since he excels on ovals.

Max is a sponsors dream as far as attitude and excitement and personally he's one of my favorites but he hasn't delivered the kind of wins he probably should have in that Miller car of Rahals. Then again the guy did get two podiums in a piece of **** last year before it went out of business so he may very well be on his way to the peak of his career.

Would I hire him, yes. Would I build my racing team around him, yes. Does CART need him more than he needs CART? Until he signs a contract with someone, somewhere, no. However, Max is in alot better shape than Vasser if CCWS doesn't come calling. Max can drive anything and has proven it. Vasser just talks about how great he is. Someone needs to remind him he's washed up and 1996 was a long time ago...