Old 3 Mar 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2143578)   #83
wapomumalo
Rookie

Spain
Galiza
wapomumalo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Umm, yeah ,but take a look at todays LMS test day results and Audi being 3 seconds faster than Peugeot last year on a relatively short, though fast track. What will this mean at Le Mans? While I don't think that the 3.20 barrier will fall, the Audis and Peugeots might come very close in qualifying...
For the first time in almost 10 years we have an arms race between two big factories, it's only natural that these factories will push the envelope quite a bit.

And the evolution of the petrol cars -while being admittedly slower - doesn't stand still either. I wouldn't be surprised if the Aston-Lola or Oreca went below 3.30.
The main reason because ALL cars and not only AUDI are running 3-4 seconds faster than last year is...

THE TIRES!!!

Michelin and Dunlop had been working hard to provide their teams with the highest performance tires never seen on endurance...specially Michelin...The Pug´s are about 1-2 seconds faster than any AUDI on Quali Trim at any of the LMES-ALMS track...race is different issue anyway.

I´m glad to see some teams making huge improvements like Creation wonderful looking blue cars or Courage-Orecas both on top of the Petrol Alliance Fighting Club.

Great fight xpected for LMS...on Eurosport finally.