View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3601008)   #267
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
That is not all there is to the sales drops in fairness Richard

"They are also being hurt by a consumer shift away from cars toward crossover and sport utility vehicles."

and

"Other issues include vehicle cost, current battery technology, and inadequate consumer understanding."

I would argue that their customers are beginning to understand exactly what the problems with the vehicles are.

Also interesting to note that they reckon obtaining 1million electric vehicles in the USA is now several years off, given there are 254 million passenger vehicles registered.
At the risk of turning this into a discussion on hybrid economics... I think those are nothing more than knock on effects of low gas prices and lack of financial incentives. I do think there is some truth to people being more educated about long term maintenance costs, but that also again rolls up into cheap gas and no financial incentives.

Right now gas is cheap so many (here in the US) are drifting back to gas guzzlers. The pendulum will swing back at some point just like it did the last time gas prices went up.

Richard