View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2523377)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll get the bad bit out of the way first. LMS meetings tend to be long with some tedious support categories (Peugeots, anyone?). Don't let that put you off, it just needs to be said merely so you're prepared for that bit. There that's done.

So to the good bit
I love LMS. Big hairy sportscars driven by some of the best drivers in the world. Forget F1, IMO this is where you'll find the biggest talent pool. All mixed up in several classes and usually huge fields, putting a premium on the driver who can work the traffic. Not just speed, but intelligence needed too. Flagging for it is awesome, and it's usually the first thing I volunteer each year.

Cars are loud (except the diesels), but not uncomfortable since they're generally big bangers rather than high revving screamers, but it's worth having earplugs with you in case you're in one of the noisier spots. Ear defenders are worthwhile if you've got a radio so that you can follow the race commentary and so know what's going on.