View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2523582)   #14
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woolley-you can breath a sigh of relief as there's no Peugeot Spiders this year! We've got Formula Le Mans instead, which looks like identical LMP2 type cars so they should be quick but not a huge grid (as seems to be the norm this year).

The Classic race (CER) is usually a cracking grid, similiar to the WSM we had at the Classic (60s & 70s prototype Lolas, Chevrons etc). The Radicals can sometimes be ok, if they don't catch fire.

As for the big race-no works Audi or Peugeot entries, but 2 privateer Audi R10s. That should make LMP1 a bit closer. The Astons & Pescarolos will be the main contenders there. LMP2 looks good, with 15 entries. GT1 is very disappointing with only 2 cars but GT2 looks great, with a lot of variety. 40 cars altogether should keep the flaggies busy!

I've spectated at this event for 5 years now but this will be my first as a marshal so I'm really looking forward to it. Do we do the whole 6 hours or do we have a bit of stand down time?