View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3397827)   #129
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The idea of dropping a DP body on a P2 car for branding seems a not stupid to me. I don't think people interested in buying a Corvette look at the Red Dragon's stickers and say "Cool I need to buy me one of them Corvettes." At least not sports car fans. They would gravitate towards the GTLM car. Perhaps there are Nascar fans that look at a Camry with its stickers, solid rear axle, no tech and say they need a Camry with independent everything, stability control etc. Sportscar fans like the technology and engineering prowess that is displayed on the track. Audi sells cars because they show the capability to have the technology and make it last at Lemans for 24 hours, not because there is a headlight sticker that looks like an S5.

If they do want a Corvette DP body on a P2 tub, I hope they don't dumb down the BOP so everyone else with solid aero designs have to match the pace of a DP brick.

It also would not surprise me after all the rules are done and the cars are built, Elkins sends out a memo the day before the roar stating that all P cars would have to run with a Crawford single element wing in Tuscc.