View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3398325)   #143
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
What seems most likely to me is that Nissan will build the motor and fund the OnRoak car and call it a Nissan. Nissan hasn't shown any great propensity to spend a lot of money for prototypes, preferring to supply motors, which is a science a lot better understood.

I assume any hybrid research comes out of the R&D budget, and the company expects direct RoI, as opposed to the diffuse and unquantifiable RoI of "publicity" from racing.

Much better (As with the ZedWingOdd) to hire the folks who know how to do it and pay for the materials.
Nissan has a bit of "previous" with this - the Group C cars in the late 1980s were Lola client productions, and I don't think anyone grumbled a huge amount about that.

If we end up in a situation where Nissan supply a solid engine and backing so the Onroak chassis gets developed to where it can I'll be delighted, if it then morphs into anything like an LMP1 I will literally dance in the street.