View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4133199)   #454
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm struggling to understand what Helmut Marko is saying today:

"We thought we had a safety net of $3m. In the end, there was only $400,000 left. With the money, Hamilton constructs a front wing and Haas makes a whole new car."

Now we know they went over the cap, so they did not have $400k left.
But - what is he saying about Hamilton getting a new front wing?
Is he saying that the amount they spent over the cap could buy a Mercedes front wing, or a Haas chassis?
Or is he trying to claim that Mercedes constructed another wing that they didn't declare in their costs?