View Single Post
Old 10 May 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2688156)   #6
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read that interview with great interest, but it did not give me the impression that he actually had a customer, otherwise why was he shouting about it!!!!......quite the opposite actually, I got the impression he was using that interview as a megaphone to potential new LMP manufacturers looking for a design partner, its really not uncommon for UK based advanced engineering companies (powertrain, gearbox, chassis, electronics, hybrid etc) to construc build and test a "technology demonstrator" and not actually sell it to anybody, the public perception being "well that was a failure" what the general public dont realise that that paricular technology demonstrator won them a shed load of work on other major projects............believe me, I'm surrounded by companies doing it.

while I agree he is probably helping porsche......after seeing the porsche LMP2 car ...... I really would be surprised to see them sub-contract out a major portion of an LMP1 car......porsche generate huge revenue from their engineering consultancy side of the business and it pays to portray that everything (well everything major) is home grown.