View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3506814)   #166
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A balanced race programme meaning various classes with fullish grids would be a good starting point.

That balance ideally means a decent grid of entry level single seaters and a grid of larger engine single seaters. A decent grid of over 3 litre race saloons and a grid of under 3 litre race saloons. (If you want to split those into classes, go for it.
A GT grid.
Maybe a sports car grid - though sports cars today are more sports racing cars than Lotus 7s or Clubmans - but I'm not sure about that.
A grid of classics, maybe even two grids, be they Muscle cars or Sports GT/Saloons or Historic race saloons.

Absolutely no control one make/model classes. These are never sustainable and over the years, only Mini Sevens (with two or three classes) have lasted.

Utes have no place on the racetrack at all in my book.

There is enough space in a two day meeting to add other classes on a local or invitational one off basis.

But, decent sized grids are an absolute must and if small factions want their own sand pits to play in, then let them organize and promote their own race meetings and carry all the associated costs.