View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:20 (Ref:539309)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
www.sidc.co.uk

www.scoobynet.co.uk

Personally, I'd go for UK spec Turbo rather than import WRX - the amount you'll save on insurance and the fact you can service it at a Subaru dealer more than outweighs the theoretical performance advantage of the WRX/STi.

(I say theoretical because unless you're used to 280bhp and/or intend to go on lots of trackdays, you really won't know the difference ).

I'd go for the 99my if you can - slightly better performance, much better brakes, better headlights - you can identify the 99my by its slightly revised front end.

Steer clear of heavy performance mods - they'll kill your insurance (and your engine and/or turbo if not done right).

When you've got it, join SIDC (Subaru Impreza Drivers Club), for meets, advice, discounts, new friends! etc etc.