View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2013, 03:52 (Ref:3269306)   #1
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
95 & 99 Aston crashes similar?

As we come to grips with the tragedy at Le Mans I don't want to start any controversy but does anyone else see similarities between the crashes of the 95 and 98 cars? Both of them seemed to aggressively snap left after losing traction on wet painted sections of the track.
It looks as though Allan was losing traction after hitting the throttle while on the painted curbing, not checking up as others have stated. Mako seemed to be on a road line. A couple of things: 1) did the new paint on the road this year cause traction issues? Hindy said they used a new, high grip formula 2) Could it have been something to do with the TC Aston may have been running or diff settings? To see 2 drivers of that calibre go off makes me wonder. Then again it could be a co-incidence.
Fred is very lucky to be ok as it appeared a huge hit. It is so tragic that Allan did not survive his impact. My thoughts go out to his family.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 25 Jun 2013 at 03:59.