View Single Post
Old 25 May 2023, 04:09 (Ref:4157833)   #3256
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another thought as to Laguna Seca as an F1 track. I think Laguna Seca is on the short side and I knew FIA has a minimum track length for F1 tracks and wondered if that would be an obstacle. So I checked the regulations and the minimum length for an F1 track is 3.5km. Laguna Seca is 2.238miles or 3.602km. So just slightly within the size limit as to length.

Monaco is 2.074 miles or 3.338km. So it is slightly UNDER the limit (short). But the regulations are written in such a way that existing F1 circuits don't apply. It is more about new circuits. It's also a way to include Monaco, without explicitly call out a "Monaco exception" As you can expect, Monaco gets a bit of a blind eye at times just to keep it on the calendar!

I think everything else on the calendar is within the specified limit.

Richard