View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2005, 13:43 (Ref:2114066)   #20
Sideways-Fast
Rookie

Sideways-Fast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So many great memories of an amazing fella.
Nearly all of them involved being sideways at some point on a circuit! More often than not, quite a way down the straights that followed, too!!!
Gerry was one of the first drivers my dad told me to watch when we first spectated, back in the early 80's. Since then, we just watched in awe not only at his amazing car control, but also at his racecraft and his ability to cooly control a race whilst under intense pressure.
Quite a few times though we stared, open mouthed, as he drifted his way through Craner or Woodcote and then fell about laughing having realised that what he was doing should really not be possible!
I think it made my dads day-no,lifetime - a year or so ago, when we saw Gerry sat in dads fave car, an AC Cobra...
Never a dull moment on the track. Sadly, we weren't fortunate enough to see his performances in the bars of this land!
Thank you so very much for entertaining us anoraks and, if you can read this, you're the inspiration behind my sign-in name!!! Rest in peace and revving engines, Gerry.
Neil and Richard Gardner.