View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2022, 11:27 (Ref:4121369)   #335
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
A 1645 finish on Sunday also seems late for people travelling home directly after the race.
Spa has always been slightly odd in this respect. The crowd on the Saturday is massive - stands rammed. Parking is strict, gates properly manned. Then really surprising numbers of people leave a few hours after the start and Sunday is far less busy. They also stop manning car parks, paddock access is no longer controlled, it’s very relaxed. Arriving at midnight and staying till the finish would be a very cheap deal. Late on Sat night I moved my car from a field 10 mins walk from the Les Combes entrance to a spot about 20m from the gate.

The time from pre-dawn to about lunchtime is magical in any 24H race but even more so at Spa because of the huge contrast with the madness of Saturday.