View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2484038)   #2
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Between the overall victory challenge, and everything else going on, good and bad, in the P1s, and the interesting fight in GT2, the P2s (not to mention GT1's Corvette parade) did get a bit forgotten in my case, although I frequently went to check how that was going.
For a good part of the race Goh and Essex went at it. I remember at one point at night Collard came into pit and the Goh was right behind them and Kunimoto handed over to Maassen and I was thinking "well, if Kunimoto could stick with Collard, Goh's got a good chance to win".

In terms of pace, it seemed the Ara and Kunimoto had a bit of an edge for Elgaard and Poulsen. However, possibly Collard has a bit of an edge over Maassen.

It was a shame, as well as scary, to see the Goh exit the race, and also a shame that many of the P2's fell over the way side, reminding everyone of the way the class was not soo long ago.

Was negatively surprised by teams like Quifel ASM (never got it going and ended up retiring early), Racing Box (fantastic crew but a car that just wasn't there).
In the end, the Porsche were just too much ahead of the rest and that kind of spoils the party. If they're gonna let Porsche into P2, might was well not restrict P2's performance because at least then you could see these P2 Porsches taking on the P1 guys.