View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3804980)   #261
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Because you can spend, for example, £1m on Formula E to get a sticker on a car that nobody will see, or spend £1m on Facebook advertising and be on a half a billion mobile phones.

Tech companies have literally built their own advertising systems online. There will be exceptions, but largely they don’t need places to advertise. They use systems they’ve created, or more relevant systems such as Google Adsense and Facebook.

FE will attract traditional sponsors due to the low price point. However it does need to address the low viewer numbers too.
Part of purpose of sponsoring is to raise one's company and/or product profile, so placing a sticker that no one will see is self defeating. You want your sticker on the sidepod or side of the airbox.

I can't say I've noticed Tech companies building their own online advertising systems, they seem to use whatever is available to other companies. On this Ten-Tenths page for example, there was an advert for electric guitars, now it's an advert for an IT training company. I agree with you there, FE will attract traditional sponsors due to the low price ut I think to the detrement of F1.