View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2003, 22:28 (Ref:790034)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't agree with you Diz. People do read the coverage in The Hinckley Times, which I am heavily involved with. We've had a lot of favourable reaction to it.

Over the last few seasons we've been lucky enough to have Jamie Green and Robbie Kerr competing in F3 and F Renault, but we also cover all the Mallory car meetings - in words and pictures - and include regular news on other local drivers. I'm very proud of the coverage in the paper in recent years and am grateful to the Editors and Sports Editors at the paper for giving plenty of space over to develop it.

Ian thinks a bit more....

I can agree with most of what Diz says, just not the bit about nobody reading the local press!

What you really need is a sports editor who is interested and you need something that can go into the paper with them not having to touch it if they don't want to - something reasonably well-written. If anyone wants any help with anything like this, please PM me.

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 20 Nov 2003 at 22:30.