View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2023, 02:48 (Ref:4142571)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Seems to be a predominant need for instant gratification. Like the difference between watching soccer and cricket. It takes patience and deeper understanding to appreciate the longer games - and may it always be so.
Nah. Cricket is just boring Kidding. I've always wanted to give it a try before I get to old to play it and have found myself watching a little; I can't stick around for four days, but major golf tournaments? Yes, please.

Back to the subject. I do think there's no doubt things need adjusting and I do tend to get angry when FCYs are thrown to quick followed by a lengthy wave around process, but I also get really bent when someone pits or doesn't and gets completely burned by an incident they're not even involved with. Regarding the latter, I think IMSA is pretty decent while IndyCar is the absolute pits (pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'd like to see IMSA applying the short caution procedure for every FCY and close the pits. That would save 12-15 mins of yellow flag running on average. Each caution! Series is already familiar with the procedure so nothing new needs to be introduced or getting used to. It's an easy change and can be made overnight without disadvantaging anyone.
I'd be in full support of this. This could allow you to see a potential caution (ie stopped car on course), dive in and get in before they close pitlane, shaking things up a little with strategy. Otherwise, field frozen, essentially, clean up the mess, get back to green, with no wave bys etc.

Drawbacks are if you get a big incident that requires a lengthy caution late in a fuel run. Solution then could be call a FULL yellow and do the full IMSA thing? So reverse it with quickies always, followed by long ones when needed. Alright.