View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4100503)   #8057
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consider that according to rumors of over 10 years ago, peugeot and audi were spending something like 80 -<100mln€ a year for their 2011 ILMC programs, which both of them involved US/china races and also a third car at LM, so I think at that time none between audi and porsche really expected to get to 200mln€ just few years later... things just went out of control because of extreme competition and f1-tier technology/development used for ICE efficiency and ERS.
Bop it actually makes sense because LMH use bespoke and more efficient engines while lmdh will use road derivated motors, so is reasonable that to have same stint length lmdh should use larger fuel tanks, and I think lmdh are going to be 20-30kg lighter as well to have a little compensation for lack of AWD, but in general this is a technical matter, I think LMH will be faster than lmdh for political reasons more than anything else.