View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4129917)   #68
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to help clarify a few things up.

Firstly the HSCC are not poaching, in fact of the 44 cars which lined up on the GP circuit at Brands Hatch last year for the CSCC, only one car would have been eligible for the HSCC series.

I have since had enquiries for some cars which I have turned down and sent them to the CSCC. The CSCC is a good series with some great cars, but allows modern engines, sequential gearboxes, forced induction etc.. So as someone has already commented from a different era and specification. Competitors in the older cars didn't mind not winning, but were concerned about having to watch mirrors all the time because of the speed differential. You still get a differential with the older cars, but not to anywhere near the same extent.

There are no restrictions on wheel arches.

The reason for citing the 1979 regulations are that the series is for pre-1980 cars, so the reg's up to 1979 are relevant and yes there were a set of reg's in the 1979 Technical Manual for 'Special Saloons', repeated almost word for word in the revised HSCC regulations. I have the 1973, 1976 and the 1979 so can relate differences to reg's throughout the 1970's.

Hopefully this clears up some misunderstandings. The series has more than 60 registrations of interest so far and still growing, I know that doesn't always mean cars on the grid, but it shows its a period and set of reg's that is credible.

Happy to discuss anything further.

Kind regards,

Steve Watton
Chairman Historic Modsports and Special Saloons.