View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2476556)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chormy View Post
Well nice to find this site, Guys your knowledge of the CGTS is good to see, on a practical note, does anybody have technical data on the suspension and brakes of the C , my car a semi replica is undergoing more engine mods, but it will be time to look at brakes ie upgraded fronts not just pads and discs.
I have a 7/8 antiroll bar and links from Vic Young fitted and upgraded torsion bars is there any set up data for torsion bars.
In fact any setup info would be of use.
WElcome Chormy,sounds like you are pretty much there with you current set up,even more so if you are using something like Koni Classic Shockers.Dont forget that just about everything on the Works cars was kept as standard as possible,just to keep cost's to a reasonable level.As you already have the T/B upgrade you will possibly be running with a 3/4in suspension drop? this seems to be about the optimum in terns of general road/fast road/track use.There really is'nt much else to be altered/modified because of the TB set up,apart from dont pussy-foot with it approaching a bend,let it know who's boss!As for the brakes,if the calipers are in good condion,then why not just fit new [Original} discs and some proper pads? Should be more than enough and also, if you have a servo,rip it off and throw it away,its just another link in the chain that can go wrong.