View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3303992)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, the grin is still as big and stupid when I think of those laps. It was a good thing it was a quiet weekday evening in September, they reckon up to 1000 cars an hour lap on summer weekends. I'm not honestly sure that would be much fun.

Re. taking your car - yes you can, but think carefully about it first. You will NOT be insured on normal insurance; there are 3 good rental firms in Nurburg who all rent cars prepared for the ring and fully insured (although crashing would involve a large excess and repair costs to the circuit). Rent4Ring were great; they briefed you on the dangers and what to do if things go wrong, also tips on how to stay safe and have fun.

It really was a long held ambition and fortunately more than lived up to it. The legends that surround that track, the drivers and races that are part of motorsport history - and then little old you and me can actually drive the same tarmac (or concrete on the Karussel!) is just unreal.

If you want to, and you haven't, then you must!