Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3182181)   #69
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I intend to apply to the SRO to run the 350Z with full aero kit and twin turbo conversion as offered by an obscure Japanese tuner that you (and I) have never heard of and almost certainly doesn't exist. We'll have 500bhp but we'll be able to turn it down to 250bhp for the BOP... and it'll be sub Euro 130k... but if you want one, you'll have to buy 2 and you'll have to buy the team support/spares package which is Euro 200k per year per car.

Seriously? Turbo MX5s? Cost caps that they have a history of letting people walk right through? (aka Audi with the R8) Kit cars that have no road car equivalent on the market allowed to run still? Ginetta G50 I'm talking to you...

And I'm hearing rumours they will be taking the p*ss even more on the tyres this time, so not ONLY will you pay 2 * the price of the same tyre bought at a VLN meeting BUT the Blancpain tyre rules (which have upset the teams there so much) will be brought in so you'll have to buy X sets of slicks each weekend of which you'll be allowed to carry basically none of them to run at any following rounds even if they are unused.

Tyres designed to wear out as quickly as possible (so you buy more...) that then only work on the lightest cars in the Championship?

Think we've seen all this before from the SRO... do we think anyone wanting to run a nice Maserati Cup car (Maserati being big friends of the SRO) which was/will be so expensive when launched be turned away?

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me.