Thread: IMSA IMSA 2024
View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:43 (Ref:4168312)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
I think these ideas should get implemented.

1. Long Beach GTP and GTD (Pro) only
-Bring back the all star race feel that DPI/GTLM only had. Loved this format
2. Laguna Seca split races GTP/LMP2 in one, All GTD (full) in the rest
-3 all GT races on the sked...I hope? Laguna had splits before. Between Prototype Pro and GTLM in one race, LMPC and GTD (am) in the other. I think this time they should just go with a Prototype race and a GT race.
3. CTMP is probably GTD and GTD (full) only
-logically since they are the ones left after P3 is gone

I do also think the GTD Pro vs GTD Am criteria needs a relook. I suggest Gold/Silver has to be GTD Pro now. GTD Am can be Gold/Bronze or Silver/Silver or Silver/Bronze or Bronze/Bronze
Long Beach will likely go back to that, wouldn't hurt especially as they get very limited space around Indy pits

Split race at Laguna might be a tough sell, they also run a decent number of support events so something would have to go.

Mosport without GTP would be tough too, but going by modern IMSA/ALMS history over 80s split events.

I don't think you can force the Silvers to Pro, and the Gold drivers are the perk the committed Silvers get in the car for training. And there is a Bronze driver benefit for IMSA entry to LM. How that works with very limited GT3 cars will be interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised to see LM only GT3s for Akin/Truman Cup and AsLMS GT be allowed with more cars at LM than WEC