View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2020, 05:42 (Ref:3991998)   #112
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
I was referring to the fact Palmer would have to pay TOCA ×£ and then pay the circuit running costs and insurance for each circuit. The fact he has 5 rounds to pay for with potential of no income from
3 of the 1st 4 events
I am sure that everyone is being sensible and not too many invoices are flying round. Circuits and promoters need to work together - if there no circuits surviving TOCA has no business- unless they are going to do an 'F1' and hold the whole season at Thruxton...

Part of the problem has been some unclear messaging that has been a feature of the whole covid period. MSUK did say permits issued for July for behind closed doors only, then circuit operators saw other government guidance about opening 'tourist attractions' for visitors and made themselves open for 'visitors'.

Then you have some things that the government has put number limitations on, but not others. Didn't some other coutries put a limit of 500 people on a public gathering. If we had a number on such gatherings in the UK and clear parameters for what constitued a gathering, everyone would know what they are working to.

Some events seem to be creating their own arbitory ceiling on numbers, based on very little.

Overall (and as someone in the events industry) I think clear guidance on what you can and can't do would be beneficial.