View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3683200)   #1857
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It must be a possibility..... If I remember rightly, someone predicted it in the predictions comp this year......
I recall in a discussion with James (which you might have been in earshot of) my call for top 3 was Toyota, Rebellion, and an LMP2.

I might stick with that for 2017...

It is striking though, that from 4 big manufacturer programmes in 2015 we're now down to two pretty bare bones ones, and perhaps more striking that given the passage of time it's something I'm now pretty phlegmatic about - we've had downturns before, we'll have them again.

As I've joked with some on a birdsong related social network maybe in a couple of years we'll see a homologation special Audi R18 'GT' win and then the following year see a modded Rebellion R1 piloted by a long time unlucky fan favourite (Nicolas Minassian) miss out their last chance to bad luck, weather, and a polished performance from a sub-class runner (maybe a Honda NSX - fitting somewhat with the 1995 theme?).

Change is a certainty in life and with every sunrise the next time is one day closer.