View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3272538)   #7
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nudge up behind them Al!! I agree - it relies on people being switched on and awake - really the CofC should have called off the start at your Speedfest race if it was as bad as that.
Though sometimes you get people who just don't "go" when the lights go out on a rolling start - I'm going out on a limb here - I may have this the wrong way around - as I understand it : on a "Start", when the lights go out YOU ARE RACING, and you can overtake, just as you can on a standing start, let's face it, you don't wait until you've gone past the starter's gantry before you make that lightning off the grid move do you? It's only on a "Re-Start" where you have to wait until you've gone past the starter's gantry because that's where the first GREEN flag is - before that you're still under YELLOW conditions. So in your case Al - you could have overtaken as the race had started.