View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2977048)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't disagree with anything you say, Claire; in a largely amateur sport we shouldn't really let the voices of those who make money out of our hobbies dominate, and operate in a way that is counter to the good of the sport overall....but saying that and putting it into effect are two wholly different things, I realise.....

We've had to take a year out this year for financial reasons, but I'm hopeful that we can return to CSCC, and maybe the odd "different" event - but I suspect that we will largely be confining ourselves to those events more local to us....ie midlands - North, in attempt to reduce the travel and accommodation costs, although only Oulton is realistically on as a day-trip if dragging the trailer/racecar - though as second-driver I can in a long day make Cadwell, Donington, Anglesey, Mallory and maybe Silverstone...Rockingham, too, but we don't go there......I know we Northerners (or midlanders for the Scottish folk, who are even more circuit deprived) get a bit chippy about Southerners who moan about how far it is to Oulton or Anglesey, but those who live south of the midlands really don't know how lucky they are to have such a choice of accessible circuits.....