View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2002, 02:02 (Ref:401628)   #7
Irene
Rookie

Irene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is it in every article I have read about this incident they have to bring up her being set up! And then some article I have read make it sound like it was her fault when it wasn't....It was a accident that happens in racing. We all know how dangerous racing is and its a chance they take when they get in a car.
I read a article at Nascar.com and Bobby LaBonte was quoted saying I dont know how she could not see him with that much time in between the wreck....That upset me. Would they be saying this is she was a guy and it happened?????

I dont want to turn this into a sexist thing but she could not help it and if her spotter would have been where he should have been maybe all this would have been avoided. Appearently someone thought she was good enough to advance to Busch next year but that all can change now. If she has the courage to get back in the car. She has to live with the fact that she did kill someone wheather it be intentional or not. My heart goes out to everyone involved in this horrible nightmare. She is gong to need all the prayers to in the next few months as she tries to cope!

So to both families I send my prayers..........