View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4139731)   #92
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Many, but in essence people aren't going to invest the astronomical amounts needed today to maybe go home after Pre-Qualifying at 9 am on Friday.

Not to mention why would constructors want to invest enormous amounts when their entry has little value, and anybody can rock up with a five year old borrowed tub and enter.

There were many good things about late 80s F1, but it wasn't very professional, apart from maybe Ron.

of the many things i dont get about this, one is that if the premise people are taking issue with is that the teams act too much out of self interest (lunatics running the asylum and all that), how would adding more teams (lunatics as it were) make any sense at all?

the 10 we have can barley reach a consensus...cant wait to see what happens if we add in more manus, more multi millionaires/billionaires into the mix.

with any luck one of them will also own twitter and he can spend the next couple of decades handing out race seats to his many children!

but really the bigger elephant in the room is that we really dont know where the money for the new teams in the future will come? Andretti is a known name but you open things up and who knows what sorts the sport will attract.

every major sport puts new ownership groups through the ringer. heck even the NHL charges more of a dilution fee then F1 (US$650mil for the last new team and it took them decades)...these are supposed to be a really really hard clubs to get into.