View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2022, 23:23 (Ref:4126638)   #14
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've never put much thought into it because I'm fine with a consistent season overcoming race wins - it's how Nascar worked for a long time and is really the basis of Scott Dixon's career. However, after seeing that chart, I'm not sure how I feel about the 15th place finisher earning 30% of the winners points.

It's about providing a reward for the lower order in order to keep everyone on task in terms of racing. If you only had points to 8th and the guys who had no chance of getting 7th or 8th simply retired or cruised around would that make you happy?
The NASCAR original system rewarded yearlong consistency.
The present system was done to provide more interest at the end of year but for me its been self-defeating. I've lost interest in following NASCAR.

Personally, I liked the CART system more than any other ACCUS or FIA system.
20-16-14-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1