View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1747620)   #144
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the latest DSC article:-

'Do they expect Pescarolo or anyone else to gain that much by June next year? On his budget?'

Why focus on Pescarolo, surely the question should be, 'Could a Porsche, Honda, Totyta etc. petrol car compete with Audi next year?'

Lets face it, in the DSC article, the unamed engineer claims Peugeit haven't a chance to win next year, a manufactuer with diesel power, so why would a privateer have a chance, petrol or not?'

Diesels may well be out of reach for privateers, at this time, I won't say forever as I remmeber back in the day teams claiming customers could never afford to run F1 derived engines in Cat 1 Group C, these days dervivatives of those engines (Judd etc.) appear to be the most reliable and cost effectve.

Judds and the like always struggled against the turbo Audi, Toyota and Nissan, both in absolute power, torque and fuel economy, so I am amased so few have gone down the AER or Cosworth turbo route.

Again, not saying diesel does not have an advantage, just putting some alternative views forward.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Oct 2006 at 14:08.