Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2014
View Single Post
Old 7 May 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3403262)   #57
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Not surprised here! Two consecutive rounds won, extremely quick in lap times, and superb reliability so far. Also, lineup is fantastic as ever. Audi struggle with overall laptime and the third car shouldn't do them much good... both Bonanomi and Albuquerque were way behind at Spa. I can't imagine Jarvis can hoist that up.
Some points I agree with here. BUT

Who set the fastest lap in the race at Silverstone? That would be Audi. That race could have gone very differently had Audi not shot itself in the foot.

They still came second in Spa with a car in the complete wrong specification. Toyota should have taken a comfortable 1-2 but they couldn't. There is no way the low-drag Audi's will be that slow once they get to Le Mans.

People say Audi will win on reliability. I don't actually think that's a given either. Plenty of Audis have been wheeled back into the garage in the last few years. In terms of knowing what they've got under them, Toyota should have the advantage. But just because they can polish off a couple of six-hour races doesn't mean they will be bullet-proof over 24. I don't have that confidence.

I actually struggle to see any works P1 car having a completely clean run. I think it will be about who has "the least worst" time in the pits. It will be utterly fascinating, but I think Toyota will end up ruing only having two cars.