View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2001, 13:32 (Ref:124334)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Pete, the truth of the matter is, the article was specifically designed to reflect what was said in Autosport and no other magazine, for the very reason that nobody else in any other country gives a rip about Bunsen, and the Brits (as MFan points out) thought he was the Second Coming of Somebody Who Used To Make Us Proud [fill in your British hero here]. And it is an article that was solicited for "F1 Rejects", not "The Jensen Button Love In" or something, and their articles take a certain point of view and a certain tone of voice. Had it been for Autosport or some other "serious" magazine then I would have used other sources and made it quite different in tone.

And if an article makes some of the people furious and some people happy and the rest find something in it to think and/or talk about, then it is a success.

However, I doubt I will ever be invited to audition for the position of Jenson's Girlfriend du jour, nor will I be welcome on his yacht.

Oh deary dear.