View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2000, 15:34 (Ref:24791)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

Gerard, I agree. I haven't had chance to read the article yet, but that is an appalling choice of words. Formula One cannot be compared to a war. I am an avid Formula One fan, but I have to say it's just a sport. A war is a very real thing, there's none of the glamour of the F1 paddock, and to compare the two is outrageous. Thousands of people lost their lives in the WW2 as well as WW1, and while I appreciate the fact that people have died at the wheel of F1 cars, there has never been death on the same scale as a war. Sorry if I'm rambling on, but that is a narrow-minded, insulting thing to say. There is absolutely no way that David Coulthard, however much of a hero he is this year, can be prepared with the heroes of World War Two. You should write to F1 Racing and see if you can have an apology printed for the journalist's use of such unintentionally offensive language.