View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2609604)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Things should be MUCH better once people have their new rules LMPs in order (constructors have their designs worked out and teams have a clearer picture of their ptions for 2011). We shouldn't be any worse off on car counts in 2010, and with Highcroft, Drayson, Dyson, and Corsa, we should have some good battles up front. Yes, I put Corsa in there, because they've ditched the hybrid system, which was adding noticeable weight and robbing them of outright horsepower, and because they're going to a larger Judd engine (either GV5 or GV5.5) from the 4.0-litre they used in 2009.

And as far as GTs go, the landscape has never really been better in recent history. We don't have quite as many total GTs/GT2s as in 1999-2002, but we have 12-16 GT2s, and they're not just Porsches and BMWs or just Porsches and Ferraris. We have at least 4 Porsches (Flying Lizards, Falken, Vici, ?) and at least 3 Ferraris (Risi, Scott Sharp's outfit, ?). We have the 2 factory BMWs and the 2 factory Corvettes. I have to think that PTG will have something out there, whether it be a Panoz, BMW, or something else. There will be at least the one Robertson Ford GT, and unless LMPC takes all of Primetime's resources, I'd expect to see the Viper. And I almost forgot, but I would think we'll also be seeing the LG Corvette.

We survived 2004, and we're still here in 2010 with things looking to be at least slightly on the mend, and far more promising prospects come 2011.