Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2018, 23:53 (Ref:3828540)   #2013
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
No, once again, the rules are setup so that the privateers have a very distinct advantage over Toyota in almost every area. Even with those advantages they won't be as fast as Toyota, because Toyota are 'naturally' faster. Also, once again, the privateers can be penalized if they give the ACO false information that the EoT is based upon. Daygs does a good job of muddying the waters as much as possible as usual.

And it's not BoP.
People just need to read the regulations. It would be clear to them but a lot don't do that, then you have guys like Dagys and co. on top of race drivers who seemingly didn't read the rules either say things like they're "not allowed" to go faster than Toyota. They can try their best to do that, that's what the ACO wants. That way it's easier for the rules makers to set EOT so that they are close (within half a second) of Toyota. The wording doesn't say anything about not being allowed to come close or pass Toyota on track. These stories make it seem like that's the case. It's a rule written in to make the teams not sandbag. Because if they do and then they find some magical pace and say a Rebellion throws down a 3:12 at Le Mans, they've been playing the rule makers for fools. Toyota could go a lot faster than it is now but they've been slowed down for 3(?) years in a row. I think these guys will make a race out of it. I don't want to talk conspiracy but I think some in the media are trying to play down a Toyota win which is a big disservice to the series and it's runners.