View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:29 (Ref:3969796)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One admission I'd like to make. Even though I've often criticized certain manufacturers who've heavily lobbied regulations and performances towards their liking, and in essence even destroyed certain rulesets (like Aston Martin with LMH and to extent GTE), I've also almost always tended to say "but in the end it's not the ultimate fault of the one who lobbies, but who gives up to lobbyism". Hence, ACO and FIA. But I think in the case of Oreca, and more importantly Hughes de Chaunac, it's more than that. In the last 10 years the co-control they've had over the entire sport as whole has been so tremendous, so destructive. I still think the Oreca P1 and P2 coupes have been some of the prettiest cars ever, and I have many good memories involving the company and teams they've partnered up with as whole, but the legacy of what they've done is horribly corrosive. It is corruption at the highest level.

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Apr 2020 at 14:36.