View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2909016)   #117
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
I don't mean to turn this into a Porsche/Ferrari debate but what exactly are you saying Arakis?

If you are saying that Porsche has not come back since they were funded to build a multiple championship engine for the TAG/McLaren project then you are right to a certain extent.

Porsche is very shrewd and realized back in the early sixties when they did build a car themselves that it made no sense to continue to spend that amount of money when sports cars are their bread and butter. Ferrari can have F1.

Don't forget all those years that Ferrari were uncompetitive in the supposed pinnacle of motor sports. If I recall correctly, they had one hell of a draught.

On a lighter note. I really hope to see Toyota back in LMP1. The more competition the better.
so then dont make it a porsche vs Ferrari there is a thread for that, and I am sorry but I belive that the name of that car was McLaren not Posche, sorry engine only dont really cut it.

and same as Porsche, Ferrari discovered that F1 was their bread and butter so they chose to leave Le Mans, as for droughts, I guess the 18 yeas porsche has stayed out of LM, is a dry spell.

P.S. mods feel free to move these P vs F arguments to the designated thread if they get out of hand. I was only responding to a jab by a porshce fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
I wonder if Ferrari will now have the balls to come back to P1.
BTW it was never about hte balls only about the money, and neither Porsche nor Ferrari have the cash to support both F1 and sportscars. so they chose theyr respective strong suits and went separite ways. Respect it, dont mock it.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.