View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2001, 09:48 (Ref:123684)   #22
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oz needs competition

HI all. Most of you may not know who I am? My name is Hyla Breese and from Perth WA.
This is my 5th year over here in the UK after coming over after karting back home in 1996.
I've struggled with money but this year am racing in the Lotus Sport Championship which supports the British Touring Cars.

After reading your comments on Matt Neal racing over there in V8's I feel that some of your comments are harsh and incorrect.
Guys/girls, I'm an ozy, but always see the chip on the Ozies shoulders about the Brits. Yes I love winding up the Brits when we beat them at most sports. However, when it comes to motorsport, the Brits know what they are doing.
Ozy V8's need a more international driver line up to make it more widely known to the European press. At the moment, people here have heard of V8's but not ever seen one or know who the drivers are. If there were more Brits and/or Italians, Germans whatever, the coverage would be more widespread and in turn would give ozy drivers more of a chance to move on and race overseas in Sportscars and GT's etc. At the moment it's a very closed off series.

Next year I'm looking into Brit or European Touring Cars, even the German DTM or FIA Sportscars. However, later in my career, going back home to Ozy V8's would be nice.
Marcus (Ambrose) had to do it last year. Theres my old sparring kart partner Garth Tander down there doing well.

So guys, OK Matt Neal sounds like he has cocked up a bit, but after all ,this is the guy that won outright at Donington in a privateer Nissan against the factory boys a couple of years ago.
You all have your views on Matt, but don't tar every Brit or foreign driver with the same brush coming into Ozy V8's. It will destroy the credibility Australian motorsport has over here, or I should say, the small amount we have at present.

Good to talk to you all. I look forward to the replies. :-)

Regards

Hyla Breese
www.hylabreese.co.uk