View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3417879)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Raceway Africa:
On the whole I like Z shaped circuits. There are two issues that I see looking at this one, firstly the long left handers, there is one at the bottom and then 3 or 4 around the outside of the top of the Z. Those would be real neck killers for drivers of F1 cars and probably tyre killers on a motorbike. One or two on a long lap is fine but I'd say you need to break up that top sequence a bit.
The second thing is the pit entry is rather exposed. Anyone off line on the final corner coming off the full Z, is heading straight for the pits or end of the pit wall.

Rennestrecke:
The pit entry and pit exit I'd place before and after the last and first corners respectively, it makes a smoother entry, and takes the exit away from the T1 braking zone.
The only other slight issue I have is T2 into T3, and a possibility especially on lap 1 that 2 cars side by side nudge on the outside of T2 with outer sent across the grass missing the T3 apex straight back onto the circuit at 90 degree to direction of racing.

Eagle Valley:
I tend to have a rule of thumb that the pitlane and pitlane exit should be on the inside of the T1 unless there is something about T2 which means it it isn't safe.

As such I'd flip the pitlane over to the outside. The pit entry would then be before the final corner and the pit exit just after T1 safely on the inside.

Like MidWest Motorsports park, I'd seriously consider reversing the direction. What I've said about the pitlane still holds. The only corner that would need changing slightly would be the top left, which wouldn't be too difficult.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 9 Jun 2014 at 23:30.