View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1993600)   #29
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Generally I'd agree with you on that, but I would not be oppossed to an occasional flat-out sprint race.
And maybe this is just what the series needs to gain popularity. Right now only true gearheads know about the LMS and I think that should change.
Look at the ALMS: They "support" the IRL and CCWS on some dates in order to gain exposure, maybe LMS should do the same. That's why I think that a sprint race at the Norisring (remember, we had this before) would be a good move on the German market, even more so if the series somehow managed to get a decent TV coverage (live???) for that race.
Maybe they could do the same in the UK at a BTCC event. I don't think that 1/3 sprint races would distort the endurance aspect of the series too much...
THe best way to get exposure in Germany would be to link up with DTM which regularly gets 90,000 spectators and with Audi being so strong in DTM their is a potential connection.