Thread: Red Bull Ford
View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2023, 02:13 (Ref:4142762)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Sounds like a proper technical partnership so willing to give it the benefit of the doubt…but am curious how all of this will play outside the budget cap?
Trying to understand your budget cap question. Which budget cap? The F1 team cap or the new power unit manufacture cap? I expect Ford is primarily just a sponsor who wants their name on the engine. They may or may not be providing some technical input. At the end of the day, it will be a RBPT engine and they will follow the cap. If Ford provides "technical assistance" that will have to be accounted for within the cap somewhere. And oddly enough, I suspect that due to the power unit cost cap, it might dissuade someone like a Ford from actually doing much of anything on the technical side so they can avoid getting sucked into the required cost accounting and just write checks for RBPT?

Richard