View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2501743)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Why should they be? Of the oldest drivers on the grid, Webber is in the form of his life, Rubens is driving well, Trulli is driving well and Heidfeld and Fisi have been solid. Meanwhile, I don't believe any of the current junior generation are anything special. No one appears to be that outstanding

The only 2 drivers of the current grid (excluding departing Bourdais) I'd get rid of are Piquet (because he's not driving well right now) and Nakajima (because he's useless). The grid is of a very high standard these days. There is a reason why as of the last race, there has only been 1 driver change in the last 2 years, which was retirement-induced (DC)
I know. But that's irrelevant as to whether these drivers can still do a good job. You and I disagree on the next generation, but the new teams will consider themselves to be honing in new talent if they take these on. Besides, as pros, those drivers will have higher wage demands than say your Marc Genes or Alex Wurzs. Those two, ofcourse, are not in the same league, but they're a lot cheaper and I'm sure won't be short of sponsors.

That's just my perception, anyway.