View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2504146)   #74
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Update re McLaren. Glock is unlikely to be available, because Toyota have an option on him, which they are almost certain to exercise.

I don't know Sutil's contractual situation, but in any case the feeling chez McLaren is that it's better to get the car sorted before they start messing around with what is a harmonious driver relationship. Sorry to anyone who was thirsting for Heikki's sacrifice, but I don't think it's going to happen.
I agree with that - McLaren have bigger issues than their driver line-up to resolve at the moment. And they already know that there's a risk of upsetting their star driver by bringing in the "wrong" sort of team-mate.

I'm also confused by the Glock/Sutil to McLaren story, just based on not being entirely sure what either has done to justify it. Glock has been anonymous for the past few races, and I don't quite see what a few others seem to see in Sutil - he's good on a wet track, but for he's not exactly blowing Fisichella away. I remain mystified by the Sutil fan club.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'