Thread: V8ST - 2014
View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3352123)   #45
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
It appears the Suzuki Swift Sport Cup will not be returning this year. Already one has been seen racing in the ss2000 series with a few modifications. ss2000 are actually considering inviting the series to run with them.

Shane Van Gisbergen will not be returning this year. The Colin Corkery car, as far as I know, will most likely be parked up unless a driver can be found.

There are various other rumors floating around at the moment. More should become clearer within the next few days.

With regards to SVG, whilst it is true that he will miss the the first two rounds, and possibly the SuperCar round, and that Eugene Corkery's car [which is in my workshop] wont run with another driver, however, its not true that he wont be back this year. Even if Shane only ran the Enduro's he will be back in V8ST and any body that actually knows SVG, will tell you that he is looking forward to it.

Its also true that there will be a reduced V8ST field at Highlands, due mainly to the significant cost's to the teams to go Cromwell, plus the timing of the event itself itself. My information is that there will be 14 V8ST + or - 1 car on the grid at Highland's

Many of the teams are struggling with budget because they have not been able to talk to potential sponsors over the annual NZ holiday "shut Down" period. However, I firmly believe that that there will be 20 V8ST at the Supercar round, and a similar number at the two North Island Enduro's.